Environmentally Minded Urbanites and Gardeners are
Happy to Invite These Guests to Dinner
Three Tray Worm bin seen sitting right on the deck close to the kitchen. Can also be used inside.
Extra Trays are available if you need to expand, or buy the 4-tray or 5-tray for
large amounts of kitchen waste.
Here we have some of the planet's most lowly creatures taking some of our
kitchen scrapes and turning it into fertilizer. Bacteria and other organisms
break down food scraps buried in the bin maintained at proper temperature
and moisture levels. Then the worms get to work, eating everything in their
path-waste, organisms, and bedding. Afterward, the worms excrete a soil-like
rich, dark humus. The worm castings are consider by most Master Gardeners to
be the very best for your garden and house plants.
With ordinary worm bins, sorting out undigested scraps can be a messy, inconvenient chore. The Worm
Bin Factory does the sorting for you, automatically separating food scraps from finished compost. Simply fill the bottom tray with red wiggler worms,
bedding and food scraps. As the worms finish digesting, they will migrate upward into the tray above, leaving nutrient-rich castings behind. It
couldn't be easier or cleaner. No mess. No unpleasant odors, you will
get a bit of an earthy smell.
In full operation, The Worm Factory bin houses 10,000 to 12,000 red wiggler worms which consume 3 to 8 pounds of food a day, allowing you to harvest a full tray of castings every
Each Worm Factory comes with full instructions and everything you need to get started. The Worm Factory is made in the U.S.A. and includes a 5 year limited warranty,
materials and workmanship. Constructed from high quality recycled
plastic, using our exclusive molds, it is simple to assemble and can be
set up either inside or outside.
- Year Round Production
- Odor Free Operation
- Expandable with 1, 3, 4, or 5 Trays
- Easy to Assemble and Manage
- The Lid is designed to keep moisture and temperature that you will
need. Quick tips printed on the carefully designed top lid.
- 3-Tray system houses 10 thousand worms consuming 3-8 lbs of food
scraps a day
- 5 year warranty on parts and workmanship
- The Worm Factory is made in the U.S.A.
- Includes a 16 page illustrated instructional booklet
- Built-in “compost tea” collector tray with spigot for easy draining
- Measures 16x16x21 inches for a 3 tray system.
- 3.5 inches higher for each tray added.
- Made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic.
- Weighs 15 lb with 3 trays.
- Operational in temperatures between 45 and 85 degrees.
Click here to Order your Worm Factory® Bin